How to Make Corn Fritters
Uni life is demanding. It’s important to eat well to maintain your energy levels and concentration throughout the day.
Corn fritters are a great option for a quick and easy meal that you can make in just a few minutes. They’re versatile and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner as part of a well-rounded diet. They can also be customised to suit your preferences – for example, you can add in extra veggies like grated zucchini or diced capsicum, or some extra protein on the side by way off eggs and/or bacon.
Corn fritters are also great because they can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer for a quick and easy meal. Simply reheat them in the oven or frypan and you’re good to go! Let’s get started by gathering some ingredients.
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of corn flour
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 can of corn
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Olive oil
- Green onions (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Coriander (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, corn flour, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the corn kernels , chopped green onions (if using), salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to a large frypan, over medium-high heat.
- Using a large spoon or cookie scoop, drop the batter into the hot oil, making sure to leave enough space between each fritter.
- Fry the fritters for 2-3 minutes per side or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the fritters from the frypan and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the corn fritters warm with your favourite sides and toppings. We like avocado, coriander and some extra green onions!
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. With this easy and delicious recipe for corn fritters, you can have a healthy and satisfying meal in no time!